Want to know more about the United Nations? Who are these folks? What do they do? How much does it cost and who pays? How do they help women, children, refugees, the climate, international finance, international communications, human rights, international security, population planning and the planet in many other ways? After a brief history of the UN, we will study its programs, funding, related organizations and agencies and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The UN is the biggest institution working to bring about a sustainable planet. It behooves all of us to learn more about this mighty effort and, if we are so inclined, to help with its mission.
- Course outline
- Class One presentation
- Handout After Class one
- Class Two UN Programs and Funds, Part One
- Handout After Class two
- Class Three UN Programs and Funds continued
- Class Three A
- Handout After Class three
- Class Four UN Specialized Agencies
- Handout After Class four
- Class Five UN Related Organizations
- Class Six UN Related Organizations (continued)
- Class Seven Peacekeeping and SDGs
- Class Eight Supporting the UN Locally
Dot Sulock (firstname.lastname@example.org) taught math, humanities and nuclear issues at UNC Asheville for 40 years and has been teaching College for Seniors courses directed toward a sustainable planet for almost that long.