Your gateway to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNC Asheville (OLLI) and events is annual membership. A fee of $70 covers the period of August 1 to July 31. Click here to visit the OLLI on-line registration page and sign up for membership.
- Access to College for Seniors, a lifelong learning program offering more than 280 courses to 2300 members annually, during four terms - Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer.
- Special Events & Socials: Learning and community-building can happen as you share in a musical presentation, attend a lecture or participate in other activities. The Membership Committee puts on a party twice a year for all members to become better acquainted.
- Fab Friday Lectures is a weekly lunchtime speaker series which are held during Fall, Winter, and Spring terms.
- Health Education Series, part of the Fab Friday lectures, focus on health related topics. A medical professional will discuss a particular medical topic.
- Special Interest Groups: The Special Interest Groups or SIGs are member-led groups of like-minded interests. There is no cost to join, but you must be a member of OLLI to participate. Read more.
- Email Newsletter: Our weekly electronic newsletter contains upcoming events and other interesting developments at OLLI and in the community that are of particular interest to OLLI members. Visit the newsletter archive.
- Health and Fitness Center Membership Fee: $350. OLLI members are invited to join the UNC Asheville Health and Fitness Center with facilities in the Sherrill Center and the Justice Center on campus. Membership is valid for one year from the date of enrollment. For more information, contact Ann Cadle at 828-251-6384 or email@example.com
- Campus Parking: Parking decals are required for all parking lots on the UNC Asheville campus, including areas adjacent to the Reuter Center. Parking decals should be displayed on the rear window of your car. The parking decal allows the user to park on campus; follow the designated signs at each parking lot. OLLI members may park in non-resident parking lots - - non-resident parking lots include: P1, P2, P8, P9 (top level only), P10, P11, P12, P21, P22, P26, P28, & P31. OLLI members may park in Faculty/Staff lots from 5pm - 7:00am Monday through Friday, on weekends and UNC Asheville recognized holidays. The parking decal is included in the price of membership. There is a replacement fee for lost decals.
- OLLIMeet: OLLIMeet, an optional email distribution list available to OLLI members only. OLLIMeet is the place to contact other OLLI members about ‘meet ups’ for cultural events, outdoor activities, and the like.
- OLLITalk: OLLITalk is an optional email distribution list available to OLLI members only. This is the place to exchange general information, ask for and send recommendations or referrals. Not the place for person to person dialogue.
- OneCards are the official UNC Asheville photo ID cards. Once you become an OLLI member, you may obtain your OneCard on the ground floor of Highsmith Union, Room 120. The process takes only a few minutes. Please note that you do not need to obtain a OneCard to participate in OLLI programs. Questions? Call the OneCard office at 828.251.6767 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.). Also note that there is a replacement fee of $25 for all lost OneCards.
- Library Use: With your OneCard, you can check out books from the UNC Asheville Library. View more information about using the UNC Asheville Library.
- Wireless (WiFi): Connection If your laptop or PDA is set up for wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi), you can use it with the OLLI wireless network. For more information, check with the OLLI front desk who will provide a username and password.
- Use of Reuter Center for Personal Events: Space in Reuter Center is available to members (after one year membership) when not in use for OLLI programming for a discounted fee.
- Reuter Center Singers: Performance groups comprise a unique component of community outreach. The Reuter Center Singers serve as goodwill ambassadors at a variety of venues in Asheville and surrounding communities. There is a fee for participation in the group.