Your gateway to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNC Asheville (OLLI) and events is annual membership. A fee of $25 covers the period of August 1 to July 31. Click here to visit the OLLI online registration page and sign up for membership. Please note that there is a separate fee of $125 to park on the UNC Asheville campus.
- Access to College for Seniors, a lifelong learning program offering more than 350 courses to 2,400 members annually, during four terms - Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer.
- Special Events & Socials: Learning and community-building can happen as you share in a musical presentation, attend a lecture or participate in other activities. The Hospitality Committee plans membership events and socials for all members to become better acquainted.
- Fab Friday Lectures are a weekly lunchtime speaker series which are held during Fall, Winter and Spring terms.
- Health Education Series Lectures, part of the Fab Friday lectures, focus on health related topics. A medical professional will discuss a particular medical topic.
- Special Interest Groups: The Special Interest Groups or SIGs are member-led groups of shared interests. There is no cost to join, but you must be a member of OLLI to participate. Read more.
- OLLI Observer Email Newsletter: Our weekly electronic newsletter OLLI Observer contains upcoming events and other interesting developments at OLLI and in the community that are of particular interest to OLLI members. Visit the newsletter archive.
- Health and Fitness Center Membership Fee: $350. OLLI members are invited to join the UNC Asheville Health and Fitness Center with facilities in the Sherrill Center and the Justice Center on campus. Membership is valid for one year from the date of enrollment. For more information, contact Ann Cadle at 828-251-6384 or email@example.com
- Campus Parking: Parking decals are required for all parking lots on the UNC Asheville campus, including areas adjacent to the Reuter Center. Parking decals should be displayed on the rear window of your car. The parking decal allows the user to park on campus; follow the designated signs at each parking lot. OLLI members may park in non-resident parking lots - - non-resident parking lots include: P1, P2, P8, P9 (top level only), P10, P11, P12, P21, P22, P26, P28, & P31. OLLI members may park in Faculty/Staff lots from 5 p.m. - 7 a.m. Monday through Friday, on weekends and UNC Asheville recognized holidays. Click here to learn more about obtaining your parking decal.
- OLLITalk: OLLITalk is an optional email distribution list available to OLLI members only. This is the place to exchange general information, ask for and send recommendations or referrals. Not the place for person to person dialogue.
- OneCards are the official UNC Asheville photo ID cards. Once you become an OLLI member, you may obtain your OneCard on the ground floor of Highsmith Union, Room 120. The process takes only a few minutes. Please note that you do not need to obtain a OneCard to participate in OLLI programs. Questions? Call the OneCard office at 828.251.6767 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.). Also note that there is a replacement fee of $25 for all lost OneCards. With a OneCard you may receive UNC Asheville discounts at local businesses and at university special events. If you obtain an annual sticker for your OneCard through UNC Asheville Police, you may ride Asheville Transit at no cost. You may deposit funds on the OneCard either in the OneCard office or in the dining services offices in Brown Hall. If you tell the associate that you are an OLLI member, you will be given the faculty/staff rate, and your dining services funds will not expire. You may add funds when your balance gets close to zero. Those funds can be used at any of the dining facilities on campus.
- Library Use: With your OneCard, you can check out books from the UNC Asheville Library. View more information about using the UNC Asheville Library.
- Wireless (WiFi): If your laptop or PDA is set up for wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi), you can use it with the OLLI wireless network within the Reuter Center. Check in the office for the password.
- Reuter Center Singers: The Reuter Center Singers serve as goodwill ambassadors at a variety of venues in Asheville and surrounding communities. There is a fee for participation in the group.