OLLI at UNC Asheville is a vital and vibrant part of our member's lives and the WNC community. Your support helps us continue to inspire a community of learners who are dedicated to thriving in life's second half and giving back to the community. As a donor to OLLI at UNC Asheville, you make members’ dreams possible, the university greater and our community stronger. Your gift can take many different forms. No matter how big or small, every gift truly matters. We hope you will explore all of the wonderful ways you can impact the university and our community. View our archive of donations.
Why Give to OLLI?
To honor the instructors and volunteers who make your creative retirement possible.
- Our members teach the classes, plan the events, and advise on the decisions that make our programs so enriching. Your gift honors and supports them.
- Our instructors share their passions and make it possible for all of us to try new things and experience the joy of learning for the love of it. Your gifts can provide the support for technology and improvements to the building that help instructors and members alike focus on sharing big ideas in a unique learning environment. View the Annual Fund letter.
To maintain and improve the Reuter Center, OLLI members’ home away from home.
- Members of the NC Center for Creative Retirement led the campaign and made the contributions that led to an amazing facility on the UNC Asheville campus. We are one of the few lifelong learning programs in the country that has a facility solely dedicated to its use. The Reuter Center is a place that creates a stimulating environment for classes but also a comfortable setting for conversation and building friendships. Your gifts allow us to continue to make the best use of the space, by funding improvements like our solar shades, as well as assistive hearing technology and smart technology in our classrooms.
To continue a tradition of excellence and innovation.
- The programs of OLLI at UNC Asheville have been noted for innovation and excellence. In a time of decreasing state support for the work of centers on university campuses, your gifts allow us to continue to develop new programs and stay at the forefront of national trends for planning for retirement and making the most of the possibilities for lifelong learning in a facility that meets the changing needs of our membership.
To make it possible for a wide range of people to enjoy the classes that contribute to successful aging.
- OLLI programs offer a great value, but not everyone can afford them. As we seek to be a more inclusive organization, it is important to offer support to participants who may not otherwise be able to participate in our programs.
There are many creative ways to support OLLI at UNC Asheville through which you, your loved ones and the university all benefit. Such giving techniques are called "planned gifts" because with thoughtful planning you create win-win solutions for you and OLLI at UNC Asheville. Learn more about Planned Giving.