Planning a Meaningful Retirement
Let us show you how to create a meaningful retirement that matches your values and priorities at the Paths to Creative Retirement (Paths) workshop. We invite you to consider questions such as:
- When should I retire?
- How will I spend my time after I stop or reduce my work?
- How will I find purpose and meaning after I retire?
- How will my identity change in retirement?
- How will retirement affect my relationships with family and friends?
- How do I investigate work and volunteer opportunities?
This highly interactive three-day workshop helps you achieve your desired personal goals in retirement. With guidance and support from facilitators and other participants, you will discover your values, identity and long-deferred dreams. In the process, you will gain valuable insights and inspiration to create tangible next steps.
Paths focuses on the non-financial aspects of life’s second half; decision-making exercises and thought-provoking discussions reveal stimulating opportunities. Transform anxieties about your next chapter of life into a reassuring learning process—Paths is truly a unique retirement workshop.
August 28-30, 2015
April 22-24, 2016
August 26-28, 2016
Paths in the Media
- 2015 Next Avenue - "For Retirement Planning Help, Try These Weekend Workshops"
- 2015 Consumer Reports - "Men v. Women: Different Views on Retirement"
2015 New York Times - "Finding a Retirement Haven to Suit You"
(Paths alumni Buck Bragg and facilitator Catherine Frank quoted)
- 2014 Kiplinger - "Create a Plan for a Meaningful Retirement"
- 2013 Wall Street Journal - "Is the Road Trip Worth It?"
- 2012 CNN Money Magazine - "Retirement Planning: It's Not Just Money"
- 2010 New York Times - "Boot Camps for the Retired or Soon to Be"
- 2008 Kiplinger - "What Will Make You Truly Happy in Retirement?"
Cost & Registration
Don’t delay—our programs fill up!
Friday-Sunday, $850 per person
Fee includes materials and all meals but not lodging. Click here for more information on discounted rates at area hotels for 2015.
You may register over the phone with a Visa or MasterCard by calling 828.250.3871. Or you may print a registration form to mail with your check, payable to OLLI.
Registrants will receive a complete agenda, program details and directions a month before their program.
Contact Laurel Jernigan at 828.250.3871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.